Aussie Carob Chip Cookies
- 1 stick plant based butter (1/2 c) softened at room temperature
- 4 oz. plant-based cream cheese violife/daiya/tofutti (any one will work great)
- 1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 egg-replacer
- 1 tsp. vanilla non-alcoholic
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Ener-G baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup Aussie carob chips
- In the bowl, use your hand mixer to cream the butter and cream cheese on high speed until thoroughly mixed and creamy, this takes about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cane sugar until fully incorporated.
- Beat in the egg replacer and vanilla and mix thoroughly again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add this to the mixer and beat until just incorporated. Do not over stir. Fold or stir in the carob chips.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. and place the racks in the center of the oven. Prepare your baking pans with parchment paper.
- Take a medium ice cream scoop (equivalent to about 2 tablespoons) to scoop out the dough and roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough 2-3 inches apart, about 8 per cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through to insure even baking.
- When the cookies are golden brown on top and a nice amber color on the bottom, remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to settle on their trays for a few minutes; they will be very soft initially. Gently transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Cor. 10:31)