"Curried" Lentil Stew
- 2 - 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced or chopped
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk from can
- 2 Tbsps vegetable bouillon
- 1 tsp salt sea salt
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsps thyme freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Wash lentils, and add them along with the 7 cups of water in a medium size pot.
- Place pot on the stove top at medium to high heat, and cook for 30 minutes.
- After lentils are finished cooking, turn off the stove and let sit until you're ready to combine them with the rest of the stew (in the steps below).
- NOTE: These cooked lentils can be stored away until the next day (if you don’t have the time to follow through with the remaining steps below - to complete the stew). They’ll be perfectly fine... we do this sometimes!
- NOTE: For this portion of the recipe you may possibly need a larger cooking vessel - whether it’s a pot, skillet, or wok - depending on the size of the one you’re presently working with (that contains the cooked lentils). Please use your discretion.
- If you are proceeding with a new cooking vessel, pour the lentils in the new vessel and place it on the stove at medium heat. (If it’s the same vessel, just add the ingredients as directed below.)
- Add 2 - 5 cups of water (depending on desired consistency), and then add the turmeric. Be sure to give everything presently in the pot a big stir, with a large stirring spoon. This should give you a nice yellow color.
- Once this comes to a boil, you can go ahead and add the carrots. Another big stir with the stirring spoon (every time you add another ingredient). Be sure to stir well so the contents will not stick together.
- After 5 minutes, add the fresh garlic and fresh onion.
- After another 2 minutes, proceed to add the following ingredients: coconut milk, vegetable boullion, salt, onion granules, garlic granules. Stir, stir, stir!
- Let this cook for another 5 minutes, and then add the remaining ingredients (coconut cream, thyme, and seasoned salt). Another big stir with that spoon again (if you've forgotten), and let cook for the remainder of the time.
- IMPORTANT: The duration for this portion of the recipe is about 25 minutes. Once the time has expired, please remove from heat to avoid drying out the stew.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)