Buttery Biscuit Crumble Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp Enger-G baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted plant based butter chilled and cut into bits
- 1 large egg-replacer slightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Arrange oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Prepare the Blueberry Filling: Place blueberries into prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Add the flour and whisk until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle mixture evenly over berries in prepared baking dish and toss gently. Make sure the sugar and flour mixture is evenly distributed over the fruit with no mounding in the center or in any one place. Set aside.
- Prepare the Buttery Biscuit Crumble Topping: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined. Using a pastry blender or a fork, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles a coarse meal with small pea-sized pieces of butter. In a small bowl, whisk vanilla into beaten egg replacer using a fork. With a fork, gently toss beaten egg replacer mixture and vanilla into flour mixture until moistened and dough starts to hold together. Continue to toss and blend gently with fingertips until well combined, yet taking care not to overwork the dough.
- Assemble the Cobbler: Sprinkle biscuit crumble topping evenly over fruit filling.
- Bake the Cobbler: Bake in preheated oven until topping is golden brown and filling is cooked through and bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the Cobbler: Serve cobbler warm with plant based milk or with fresh whipped cream
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)