- 1/2 cup texturized vegetable protein
- 1/2 cup water (very hot)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or Garbanzo flour (gluten intolerance)
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 Tbsps nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsps flaxseeds ground (flax meal)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds whole
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika smoked
- 3 Tbsps Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp maple syrup or organic agave
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup water (or more, as needed)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the textured vegetable protein and hot water. Set aside to soak for 7 - 10 minutes.
- Next, add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix together well.
- Add Bragg Liquid Aminos, maple syrup, and molasses and stir all together thoroughly. Let the mixture sit for approximately 15 minutes, to allow the flavors and ingredient to absorb and meld together.
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts, and form into patties. Evenly place on parchment paper or a lightly greased cookie sheet.
NOTE: You may shape your patties using the lid of a jar. Use cling wrap to line the cover of the jar, then press the protein mixture into the jar cover by using the back of a spoon.
- Bake patties for 7 minutes, and then turn them over to bake the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)