- 1 cup black beans dried
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil pure
- 1 medium onion chopped (yellow)
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, washed, diced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable bouillon Better Than Bouillon, non-chicken base (no alcohol)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt sea salt
- The night before, rinse beans and cook in crock-pot overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, set over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and add to the onions and garlic.
- Stir in bouillon and coconut milk, along with bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil. Stir, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover partially with a lid.
- Add the salt and cook 10 minutes (flavours should be well blended).
- Remove beans from the heat. Serve with steamed brown rice, quinoa or couscous.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)