Carrot Cake Granola
- 2 1/2 cups large rolled oats old fashioned whole oats
- 2 cups grated carrot about 2-3 medium sized carrots
- 1/2 cup dry coconut flakes or shreds
- 1/2 cup broken pecans unsalted and raw
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds unsalted and raw
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, grated carrot, pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, and maple syrup until everything is well coated in the oil and syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients on top and mix until everything is evenly coated. Note: Please bake on top rack if your oven is temperamental to avoid burning this delightful treat!!!!!
- Spread onto a large, baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes, stir to promote even crisping, then bake again for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. The mixture will seem kind of soft, don’t worry, it will crisp up. Once cooled completely, remove from the pan and store in an airtight container.
- Add dried pineapples and enjoy with your favorite nut milk!
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)