- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Ener-G baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 egg-replacer
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract non-alcoholic
- 2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts optional
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick softened earth balance butter 8 tbsp
- 8oz softened plant-based cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract non-alcohol
- Line 2 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper and lightly grease/spray. Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom & coriander. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the egg replacer, sugar, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla, mixing together until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, stopping to scrape down the bowl. Mix cake batter just until flour mixture is incorporated.
- Fold in the grated carrot, and chopped nuts if using.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cakes.
- Let cakes rest on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the very warm pans after 10 minutes AND remove and discard the parchment paper. Let cool.
- Once cakes are at room temperature, spread the frosting between the cake layers, on the sides and top of cake. This is not the final coat, this is only the crumb-coat. (Note: If frosting is too thick, add 1 tsp of milk or cream at a time until desired consistency is reached.)
- Chill cake in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, then apply a final coating of the frosting, add nuts to the sides for garnish.
- Refrigerate cake overnight, up to 24 hours and then serve.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! 1 Corinthians 10:31