For the Crust
- 8 dates soft-pitted
- 1 cup pecans (or almonds) raw
- 1/4 cup coconut flaked, raw
- 1 pinch salt sea salt
For the Filling
- 3 1/2 cup cashews raw (soaked, rinsed, drained)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil extra virgin
- 2/3 cup agave organic
- 2/3 cup lemon juice fresh
- 2 tsps vanilla extract (non-alcohol)
- 1 tsp maple flavoring (non-alcohol)
Preparing the Crust
- In the bowl of a food processor, chop the dates, nuts, coconut and sea salt.
- Process until it holds together when you press it between two of your fingers. Set aside.
Preparing the Filling
- Begin by soaking the cashews for the filling - 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- After cashews have been soaked, place the coconut oil in a bowl by itself, then place that bowl inside another bowl containing warm water to slightly warm the coconut oil (it melts at 77 degrees). Note: It is important to keep the coconut oil and water separate.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil, agave, lemon juice, vanilla, and maple flavoring into the pitcher of a blender, and blend well (until completely smooth). Then blend a little more, just to be safe.
Bring It All Together
- Retrieve the crust mixture (previously made) and press the crust evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan or glass pie dish.
- Pour the blended filling inside the crust and refrigerate over night. (to get it to be super solid, do this from Thursday so that by Sabbath you can celebrate the Lord’s Day in a delightful way!)
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)