- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-pupose flour chickpea flour for gluten-free version
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsps paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp veggie chick seasoning Spices247 (former vegetarian express)
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs omit for a gluten-free version
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 2 green onions cut into rings
- Heat the oven to 350 °F.
- Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, and the sea salt. Stir until well combined. For a gluten-free version substitute the all-purpose flour with chickpea flour (also omit the water if using chickpea flour).
- Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
- Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs. Omit this step for a gluten-free version. However, they’re way crispier with the panko breadcrumb coating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other.
- Spray Cauliflower with a light coating of oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower wings to a bowl. Combine the BBQ sauce with salsa and pour it over the baked cauliflower wings. Evenly coat them from all sides by stirring them a few times.
- Put the coated wings back on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake again for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with the green onions and serve with your favorite plant-based ranch sauce.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)