- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 16 oz medium firm, firm or extra firm tofu Not silken tofu
- 6 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Soak almonds overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Drain, then remove the brown, papery skins by pinching the rounded end of the almond and squeezing. They should pop out really easily. Discard the skins.
- To a food processor or a high powered blender add the soaked and skinned almonds, tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt and the dried dill. Process until completely smooth. You will get a smoother result in a high powered blender than you will in a food processor.
- Taste, and add more salt to taste then blend again.
- Spoon out into a container. It can be eaten right away but is best if refrigerated for at last 1 hour so it firms up a little.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)