Curry Chickpea Spread
- 1 cup dried chickpeas you could also use a can of chickpeas
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp veggie chick seasoning
- First rinse dried chickpeas, and cover the chickpeas with a couple inches of water in a large bowl. Let them sit overnight.
- In the morning, rinse the chickpeas again, then transfer them to a large heavy-bottomed pot and cover them with with a few more inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, then cover and simmer for about 2 hours, until the chickpeas are nice and soft.
- In a large bowl (or a food processor), mash (or process) the chickpeas, cilantro, avocado, scallions, lime juice, curry powder, and smoked paprika. Salt to taste.
- To serve, spread the chickpea mixture on a slice of bread. Top with lettuce, a couple tomato slices, and a second piece of bread. Perfect for family picnics!
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)