Eden Way Sweet Potato Pie
- Cook potatoes in skin until tender and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, cane crystals, and agave together. Add egg replacer and stir.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, vanilla, salt, cardamon, and coriander; making sure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter in the pie shell and bake 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with fork until combined and then mash in the cubed butter. Mixture will still have lumps, about the size of small peas.
- Gradually add in ice water and continue to mix until the dough comes together, and is no longer dry. You may not need all of the water. The dough should not be very tacky or sticky.
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Form a ball and cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until the filling is ready (about 25 minutes). Note: refrigeration helps the butter not to melt, so that when baking, the crust will not cook faster than the filling.
- On a flour surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about 1/8inch (3.2mm) thick.
- Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges. Trim extra if necessary and use for pie decorations if you would like.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)