- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 16 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp no chicken base better than bouillon
- 1 tsp pepper-like seasoning The Vegetarian Express
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp brown rice flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast cumin seeds until fragrant and golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley, lime zest, lime juice, roasted cumin, bouillon and pepper-like seasoning. Pulse 10 times for a course-chop consistency.
- In a bowl, combine chickpea mixture with water, ground flax seeds, and rice flour. Using your hands, mold into golf-sized balls and flatten to 1½-inch wide patties.
- Place falafel patties on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Get healthy seasonings from our own- https://www.thevegetarianexpress.com
- Eat & Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)