- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast 1 package
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup water warmed to 120-130 F
- 1/4 cup unsalted plant based butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In the mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, and honey. Add in olive oil and water. Using your most able hand, mix until dough just starts to come together. Talk to the good Lord about molding you and fashioning you like Jesus as you knead for 5-8 minutes until soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a large bowl that has been oiled. Roll dough in the bottom to coat. Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size in a warm location, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a floured or oiled surface. Gently press into a 4 x 12 inch rectangle, about ½ inch thick. Cut into 16 strips. Take each strip and roll into a rope. Tie each rope into a knot. If dough is sticky or too dry, oil your hands when working with the dough.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a clean cloth and allow to rise until puffed and almost doubled in size in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- While knots are baking, prepare glaze by adding butter and garlic into small saucepan. Melt butter over medium heat until butter is melted and garlic becomes translucent. If you prefer a stronger garlic flavor, do not cook garlic for as long. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and salt.
- Brush butter mixture over the top of warm knots.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:11)