- Add flour, salt, turmeric, shortening and butter to the bowl of a food processor. If you do not have a food processor. Use a sturdy dinner fork to combine the ingredients.
- Add egg replacer to flour mixture and pulse until a ball of dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin. Roll the dough out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut the dough into 6-inch circles and place 2 tbsp. of a filling onto half of each round of dough. Brush the edges of the dough with egg replacer. Fold dough over the filling to make a half-moon shape. Press edge with tines of a fork to seal.
- Set patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until dough is golden brown and cooked through, about 25-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add TVP.
- Add bouillon and onion powder.
- Add bay leaves and thyme.
- Stir to combine, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is evaporated (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Add breadcrumbs and stir thoroughly.