- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the water while stirring to combine. Transfer to a working surface and knead for about 3-5 minutes until you have a smooth and soft dough. Form into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two pieces (This makes it easier to roll out). Dust the working surface with a little arrowroot and roll out the dough into about 2mm (1/14-inch) thick.
- Cut out circles using a glass or cookie cutter (mine is 3-inch wide/8cm). Remove the trim, knead it into a ball, and roll it out again to cut out more circles.
- Dust the wrappers with some arrowroot before stacking them up, otherwise they will stick together.
- Use them right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Finely chop the veggies and heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the hydrated TVP, onions, and carrots and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Then add the leek and cabbage with bouillon and cook for further 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are soft and cooked through, stirring occasionally, adding a little water if needed. Add the garlic, ginger, Braggs, and lemon juice and cook for a further minute to combine the flavors.
- Add 1 heaped teaspoon of filling to the center of the dumpling wrapper. Brush the edges with water and fold the dumpling creating a hand fan pattern or as desired, making sure to seal the seams.
- Repeat until the wrappers are used up
- Now you can freeze the uncooked gyoza or cook them.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the gyoza and fry for 2-3 minutes or until the bottoms are nicely browned. Pour in about 1/4 cup of water and cover with a lid. Steam for 7-8 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Mix all ingredients for the dipping sauce together.
- Sprinkle the gyoza with sesame and chopped spring onions and serve with the sauce.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Add 1/4 cup of dried TVP to 1 cup of hot water and let it sit for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, drain the excess water and your TVP is ready.