Lentil & Brazil Nut Roast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Place the lentils and bay leaf in a large saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes, or until lentils are cooked to a mush.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Sauté onion, garlic and carrot for 3 minutes.
- Pulse 1/2 cup of brazil nuts in food processor to a powdery form.
- Transfer the onion mixture into a large mixing bowl with the ground and chopped nuts, lentils, tomato paste, Braggs, bread crumbs, and oregano.
- Mix thoroughly and press into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool a little and turn on cutting board. Slice into desired pieces and serve warm with your favourite gravy.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)