Mac & "Cheese"
- 3 cups macaroni (dry) whole wheat
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk from can
- 1/2 cup cashews raw pieces
- 1/4 cup pimentos
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsps salt sea salt
- Cook the macaroni in a large-sized pot, according to package instructions.
- While macaroni is cooking, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat oven, temperature set for 350° F.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and return to pot.
- Pour blended mixture into hot, drained macaroni, stirring gently.
- Transfer mac and "cheese" to a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
Did not have macaroni but used shell pasta. My family really enjoyed this dish. Was very cheesy and tasty! Thank you for sharing.
This is cheesy and yummy. Very easy to make. Everyone loves it and has become one of the kid’s favourite meals especially on Sabbath day. Thank you so much for sharing this.