Out of This World “Oat Burgers”
- 1 1/2 cups onion chopped
- 2 Tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or any unfermented soy sauce)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsps oregano
- 2 tsps dill seed ground
- 1 1/2 Tbsps onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsps basil
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats regular old-fashioned
- 12 buns whole wheat
- toppings (optional) lettuce, tomato, onion, etc...
- Preheat oven, temperature set for 350° F.
- In large pot, sauté the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the rolled oats.
- Stir together and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add oats and mix briefly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Cover and set aside to let it sit for 1 hour.
- Using jar cover dipped into water, fill with oat mixture and form into burger patties.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes in pre-heated oven, set for 350° F.
- Remove from oven and serve on whole wheat buns, with added toppings (optional).
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)