Out of This World “Oat Burgers”
- 1 1/2 cups onion chopped
- 2 Tbsps olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos (or any unfermented soy sauce)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsps oregano
- 2 tsps dill seed ground
- 1 1/2 Tbsps onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsps basil
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats regular old-fashioned
- 12 buns whole wheat
- toppings (optional) lettuce, tomato, onion, etc...
- Preheat oven, temperature set for 350° F.
- In large pot, sauté the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the rolled oats.
- Stir together and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add oats and mix briefly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Cover and set aside to let it sit for 1 hour.
- Using jar cover dipped into water, fill with oat mixture and form into burger patties.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes in pre-heated oven, set for 350° F.
- Remove from oven and serve on whole wheat buns, with added toppings (optional).
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
I make this recipe all the time… it’s a staple in our kitchen. I use cracked spelt instead of cracked wheat. I think we love to have a recipe book from you my sister… I try to make all your recipes cause I love them so much… you are truly bless with a good gift
Praise the Lord, thank you so much for sharing!
Thanks very immensely. We will like to try it out in our food vending point in Clifford University, Nigeria.
However, we do not have Rolled Oats commonly in the market. What we have is Quick Oats. Will they work the same way?
Praise the Lord! Oh yes! Quick oats should work just fine.
If you have a ice cream scoop, fill it with water and pour the water into a lid,
if the water fills the lid then it would be the right size ice cream scoop to use
as a burger scooper! It is fast and fun! Fill the scoop with burger mix and then
flatten the burger out to the size you want by using the back side of a pancake turner.
If the burger mix wants to stick then use a simple table knife to peel the burger mix
off. Works every time!
Your bruger recipe so good ,I made some and save some of in the freezer,and had some at breakfast this morning ,I enjoyed it ,was the best,when you get your cook book ready I want to get one,with that said I am hopping you are writing one.thank you, may God continue to bless your ministry.
Hello brother Davis, I am so thankful for your ministry. I have read this recipe and will try it. I would like to tell you how you been an inspirartion to me. Thank you, God Bless you and your family.
I’m looking forward to trying this recipe tomorrow and will see how it comes out as a loaf as well as burgers. Sounds delicious!! Thanks and God bless.
This is the best vegan burger recipe I have ever tasted. I had to use some substitutions because i didn’t have all the ingredients, but the end result was worth it.
Thank you for good an excellent reciep.
This was very yummy!, I was a little worried that I was wasting time and money on a bad recipe, but something said the picture looks good try it. I am glad I did. I am looking forward to some more “heavenly recipes” Thanks a lot.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR MINISTRY AND TRUTH ALONG WITH THE RECIPIES I WILL TRY THIS KNOWING THAT IT IS GOING TO BE OUTSTANDING.
i tried the recipe and it was delicious! for those who aren’t the best cook, don’t worry, if i can make these wonderful tasting burgers anyone can. Thank you for the alternative!