Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 398 mL can pineapples sliced
- 4 Tbsps oil light, natural (e.g., sunflower, safflower, etc)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oil light, natural (to be blended per instructions)
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup flax seed gel
- 2 tsps vanilla (non-alcohol)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder sodium-bicarb free, alum. free
- 1/2 tsp salt sea salt
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Drain the pineapple slices, reserving their juice.
- In a 9" x 9" square baking pan, mix 4 Tbsps oil with the brown sugar and 2 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Add water to the remaining pineapple juice to equal 1 cup of liquid, and set aside.
- Arrange the pineapples in the bottom of the pan, on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Blend the oil, sugar, flax seed gel and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl
- Combine these two mixtures together (the blended and the flour), and mix until creamy smooth.
- Add the 1 cup of pineapple juice (mixed with water). Mix together, until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter over the pineapple slices.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, at 350° F.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate and serve nice and warm.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)