- Soak millet the night before cooking.
- Wash the millet a couple of times to make sure there is no dirt.
- Drain the water from millet completely and keep it aside.
- How To Cook Millet on Stovetop: Heat a cooking pot. Add the drained millet, water to the pot, and close it partially with the lid.
- Increase the heat on high and let the water come to a boil, around 5 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to low and close the lid completely.
- Let the millet cook until all the water is absorbed. It will take around 6 to 8 minutes for pre-soaked millet.
- Switch off the stove and let it sit for 10 more minutes.
- Fluff it up with a fork and cooked millet is ready to use.
- 1 cup dried millet yields 2 cups of cooked millet.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)