- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 cup cold coconut oil or plant based butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract non-alcoholic
- 1 cup strawberry jelly or preserve approx.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 drop pink plant-based food coloring optional
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients and cut in the oil or butter with a pastry knife. Add the vanilla to the cold water. Add cold water to dry mixture and knead with hand until dough becomes sticky.
- Collect the dough and lightly form a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and let cool in the fridge for 20 minutes or more.
- Unroll the pie crusts, place on a lightly floured work surface, and roll the crusts slightly with a rolling pin to square the edges. Cut each crust into 8 equal-sized rectangles. Place about 2 teaspoons of strawberry jam in the center of 8 squares, and spread the jam out to within 1/4 inch of the edge of the pastry square. Top each with another pastry square, and use a fork to crimp the squares together, sealing in the jam. Use a knife to trim the pastries, if desired. Move the filled pastries to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together and cover pop tarts.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)