- In a saucepan, bring to a boil 5 cups of water
- Add pepper
- Peel and dice pumpkin, then add to boiling water. Cook until tender
- Remove pumpkin from water, while water is still boiling (do not discard water)
- Blend pumpkin using coconut milk. Pour blended mixture back into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped garlic, scallion, onion, thyme, chicken-style bouillon and seasoning
- Add additional salt, as needed
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes, on medium heat; stirring every 5 minutes, or until soup thickens.
- Optional: Add dumplings and carrots, turnips and/or your chicken-like protein
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)