- 1 cup green lentils picked through and rinsed well
- 2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp no chicken base better than bouillon
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup hydrated TVP
- Combine the green lentils, water, bay leaves, olive oil, bouillon, molasses, oregano and thyme in a pot over medium heat. Once at a boil, lower down to a steady simmer and cover, cooking for at least 30 minutes until lentils are tender. Once tender, remove from heat and add garlic salt, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add red peppers, and TVP then continue to cook for five minutes. Add to lentils and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cover quartered and rinsed potatoes with water (about an inch) in a large pot. Add salt and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer to cook potatoes until just fork-tender. Strain, run under cold water to rinse away starch. Transfer back to pot and mash with butter and coconut milk.
- In a glass dish, add lentil stew, then cover with mashed potatoes. Bake in oven on 350 for 25 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)