Simple Shortbread Cookies
- 3/4 cup vegan butter (like Earth Balance) room temperature
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream the margarine and sugar, using an electric mixer.
- Add in the yogurt and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour, mix until completely combined and the dough has formed into a ball.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls slightly, using a fork, spoon, or bottom of a glass.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)