Soy Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk creamy
- 1 tsp vanilla (non-alcohol)
- 1 tsp flavoring (optional) lemon, banana, walnut, butterscotch, etc...
- 2 Tbsps cane sugar or maple syrup (sweeten to taste with more/less)
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. guar gum
- In a blender, blend the soy milk, vanilla, flavoring, guar gum and sweetener.
- While the ingredients are blending, add the oil very slowly.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add the lemon juice into the center. Slowly stir in a circular motion until the cream thickens. (Do not over stir as it may cause the cream to thin out.)
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
is guar gum required?
i also don’t see it in the instructions, so i was just wondering
Yes please, it is. So sorry that it wasn’t in the instructions, it is added now. Thank you kindly. God bless!
Can you use oat milk to make the heavy creme?
Yes please you may. Also please add 1/4 tsp guar gum. Enjoy!
Is there somethin else I could use to replace the sunflower oil? Like for instance, applesauce?
We never have used apple sauce to replace oil in whip cream. However, if you give it a try please let us know how it turns out. Thank you kindly.
Flopped! Would not thicken!
I am so sorry to hear that, did you follow the instructions carefully? Did you try to cool off your utensils?
Instead of using a blender, can I use a handheld mixer?