Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbsp no chicken base better than bouillon
- 1/2 cup red lentils washed and sorted
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and diced to 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 small carrots chopped smaller than the butternut squash
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- sea salt to taste if needed
- Over medium heat, cook chopped onion in coconut oil until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic cloves and continue to cook (about 2 minutes), stirring to keep garlic from burning.
- Add curry powder, paprika, ground ginger, garlic and onion powders and mix until it coats the onions. Work quickly to add the water. Add Bouillon.
- Add the bay leaves, butternut squash, carrot, and lentils and bring heat up to high until the soup starts to boil.
- Lower to medium heat once it starts to boil and let simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until the carrots are tender. Turn off the heat, take out the bay leaves, stir in sesame seed oil and nutritional yeast, adding salt to taste. Enjoy with garlic bread or crackers
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)