- 2 cups dried kidney beans
- 6 cups water
- 1-14 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 - 2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or 1 sprig of fresh
- 1 medium carrot cut into coins
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper stem intact
- 1 Tbsp bouillon
- 1 tsp all-purpose veggie seasoning Spices 247
- 1 tsp. beef-like seasoning Spices 247
- 1 batch spinners
- Sort and wash beans. Then soak beans in water overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- The following day, discard water and rinse beans. Next, place them in a large saucepan with water and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer, until tender, for about 1 hour.
- Add coconut milk, carrots, onion, garlic, and continue simmering.
- Add spinners and thyme and other seasonings. Simmer for another 30 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Discard pepper before serving. Delicious served with brown rice and a salad!
- Place flour and salt in a bowl. Add water and mix to make a stiff dough. Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into the palm of hands to make long thin dumplings. Drop into simmering stew.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)