- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp Ener-G baking powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 3/4 cup cold butter cut in cubes
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup soy or nut milk
- 1 tsp non-alcohol vanilla extract
- In a food processor or in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamon and coriander.
- Cut in or pulse in the butter until the mixture resembles a fine meal.
- Remove to a large bowl and stir in the raisins.
- Make a well in the center of this mixture.
- Mix together the molasses, milk and vanilla.
- Pour into the well and mix only enough to form a dough ball.
- On a floured surface, roll to 1 inch thickness and cut out buns with biscuit cutter. You may need a little more flour on top as well to prevent sticking to the rolling pin.
- Place in a parchment lined 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Baking time may vary a little depending on the size of your biscuit cutter.
- This recipe makes about 12 tea buns.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)