- 1 cup Crumbled Tofu
- 1/2 cup Non-dairy Milk
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Tapioca Starch or Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. chicken style seasoning from the Vegetarian Express
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt *you can use black Himalayan salt, if you want an additional egg-like flavor.
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. Oil or Plant-based Butter for frying
- 1 Cup filling of choice plant-based cheese, protein, bell peppers, veggies, etc.
- Combine all of the batter ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Sauté your fillings of choice with oil in a large pan. If you would like plant-based cheese, you can freshly add it later directly inside the omelette.
- Remove fillings from the pan and temporarily place them into a dish. Clean the pan, so that it is ready to use to make the omelette.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and coat the surface of the pan with plant-based butter or oil.
- Gingerly pour out some of the omelette batter into the center, until you make a circle that is about 1/4" thick. Cook it until the batter is throughly cooked with a darker color around the edges. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in some of the cooked fillings on one side of your omelette. If you would like some plant-based cheese, add it now. After about 30 seconds, use a spatula and lift one side and fold it over. Cook it for about another minute or so, until it has a nice golden crisp.
- Gently remove it from the pan with a flat spatula onto a serving plate. Optional: Garnish with salsa and chives.
- Eat & Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)