Ultimate Carob Chip Cookies
- 1 stick softened plant-based butter 1/2 cup at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg-replacer
- 1 tsp. non-alcohol vanilla
- 2 cup unbleached all-pupose flour
- 1 tsp. Ener-G baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup carob chip Aussie carob chips are great!
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese on high speed until thoroughly mixed and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the granulated and brown sugars until fully incorporated. Beat in the egg replacer and vanilla and mix thoroughly again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add this to the mixer and beat until just incorporated. Do not over stir.
- Fold or stir in the carob chips. Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. and place the racks in the center of the oven. Prepare your baking pans with parchment paper.
- Take a medium ice cream scoop (equivalent to about 2 tablespoons) to scoop out the dough and roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough 2-3 inches apart, about 8 per cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through to insure even baking.
- When the cookies are golden brown on top and a nice amber color on the bottom, remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to settle on their trays for a few minutes; they will be very soft initially. Gently transfer to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen cookies.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)