Definitely not your ordinary pizza! An herbed, deep-dish crust lends a depth of taste that is complimented by an inviting, colorful blend of toppings. With or without cheese, it's delicious!
Herb & Garlic Pizza
prep time25 minutes
cook time50 minutes
passive time1 + 24 hours
- Sauté first three ingredients, then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together next three ingredients and let bubble for 10 minutes.
- Stir together well all crust ingredients (those mentioned before and that which remain) EXCEPT the flour.
- Add flour one cup at a time, making a soft dough.
- Place dough on floured counter. Knead approximately 5 minutes.
- Place in bowl and cover, set aside in a warm place (If your kitchen is cool, put the bowl in the oven). Let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- (If bowl was placed in oven, remove after 30 minutes) Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- After this time - punch down, knead and shape dough into pizza crust. Place on pizza pan.
- Cover and let rise until almost double (about 20 minutes).
- Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes. Use a dinner knife to test the middle of the dough.
- NOTE: Because of the nature of yeast, please wait 24 hours before finishing your pizza. You can leave the crust out overnight; just put a clean cloth over it.
- After 24 hours, line crust with tomato sauce.
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Add tofu second, followed by the vegetables and finally sprinkle with the basil. (We usually sprinkle the veggies with a little olive oil)
- NOTE: You may also put Nacho "Cheese" Sauce on the pizza, if so desired. We choose to eat it without.
- Bake pizza for 20 minutes at 350° F.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
This recipe is sooooooooooo good, and the crust is soooooooooo fluffy!!!
If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!