Who would've thought you could get such a hearty (and heart-healthy) "burger" - out of good ol' old-fashioned, rolled oats! Sink your teeth into this flavorful, meatless alternative.
Out of This World “Oat Burgers”
prep time20 minutes
cook time35 minutes
passive time1.7 hour
- Preheat oven, temperature set for 350° F.
- In large pot, sauté the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the rolled oats.
- Stir together and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add oats and mix briefly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Cover and set aside to let it sit for 1 hour.
- Using jar cover dipped into water, fill with oat mixture and form into burger patties.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 35 minutes in pre-heated oven, set for 350° F.
- Remove from oven and serve on whole wheat buns, with added toppings (optional).
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!