This traditional dessert turned dairy-free is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Serve for breakfast and enjoy with the entire family alongside other tasty fruits like strawberries and kiwis!
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
prep time15 minutes
cook time50-55 minutes
passive time60-65 minutes
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Drain the pineapple slices, reserving their juice.
- In a 9" x 9" square baking pan, mix 4 Tbsps oil with the brown sugar and 2 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Add water to the remaining pineapple juice to equal 1 cup of liquid, and set aside.
- Arrange the pineapples in the bottom of the pan, on top of the brown sugar mixture.
- Blend the oil, sugar, flax seed gel and vanilla together until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl
- Combine these two mixtures together (the blended and the flour), and mix until creamy smooth.
- Add the 1 cup of pineapple juice (mixed with water). Mix together, until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter over the pineapple slices.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, at 350° F.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate and serve nice and warm.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
This cake is great with a pineapple or lemon whipped topping. Yummy!!!!
If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!