Greetings! Class is back in session! We hope you all were tuned in for camp meeting and sensed the need for advancement. With that in mind, as we seek to advance in our studies, let us remember that whatsoever we eat, drink, or do is for the glory of God. “Fear God, and give glory to him” Revelation 14:7.
We are now taking a very important step in establishing a balanced ration. A marvelous thing about the proper alkaline balance of food, is that it automatically brings all other food essentials into balance. The important alkaline foods are the fruits and vegetables, and it is now recognized that an increase in their use will improve almost any diet which needs improvement from any standpoint. Almost any person who will follow this way of living very carefully will find a marked improvement in his feelings and health, and very likely an improvement in mental alertness. This change in food selection will be the greatest single step that can be taken to establish a normal daily balanced ration. Below are some sample meal ideas. Enjoy!
A Balanced Ration for One Day
Fresh fruit salad
- Mix dry ingredients together (oat flour, baking powder, and cardamon).
- Mix wet ingredients (plant milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and banana)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients using a rubber spatula. Don't over mix-leave lumpy.
- Preheat nonstick pan on medium-high heat, before putting pancake mix in pan.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion servings.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how hot your pan is. Don't flip until spatula slides under pancake without sticking.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
Fresh vegetable salad
(leafy greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives)
Breaded Tofu Steaks
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Wash and cut potatoes in thin (between ⅛ and ¼-inch) circular slices.
- Layer potato slices in a small baking dish, and cover with Nacho "Cheese" Dip.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes, at 350° F.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
One meal alone is not balanced, but two meals in a day will give an approximately balanced ration for one day.
In properly planned meals, fruits will occupy a large place in the breakfast, a still larger proportion of the supper, while vegetables will be the bulk of the dinner. Check our heavenly recipes for some more meal ideas! This concludes our study on how acids and alkalines affect the affect. Come back next week, as we start a new section entitled, The Mysteries of Life.